Occupational Health and Safety
Occupational health and safety is a top priority at the Company. We will strive to ensure safe working conditions, equipment and work sites. The Company promotes employee involvement and accountability in identifying, preventing and eliminating hazardous conditions and the risks of employee injury.
Health and safety in the working environment, product quality and operating efficiency are inseparable. The Company will ensure continuous improvement in health and safety performance through close cooperation among management, employees and unions, which will contribute to the health and safety of employees and the success of the organization.
The Company is committed to:
- make employee health and safety a priority in all aspects of management practices;
- establish, communicate and enforce, with the employees' involvement, work site-specific rules and safe work methods;
- promote and develop the awareness, leadership and accountability of employees in health and safety through their involvement in continuous improvement processes;
- measure its health and safety performance in accordance with established standards, and communicate the results to the employees; and
- conduct health and safety audits to confirm that its management practices meet policy objectives, legislation and the principles of sound management.
It is the policy of this company to provide its employees with a safe place to work. The health and safety of employees and the prevention of losses due to occupational illnesses and injuries shall be a primary goal of all management employees.
Reference: Huron Policy Manual - Policy 009 and Huron Safety Manual