Employee Standard of Conduct
Members of Huron Inc management and other employees should conduct all of their internal and their outside business relationships within the following guidelines. These guidelines are not intended to be all inclusive.
- The management of Huron Inc must always obey the spirit as well as the letter of the law.
- Particular care should be taken to act legally in those areas where the law is evolving rapidly or is being extended to cover activities that have not been covered by legal requirements in the past. Among these are hazardous waste control and personnel records. When in doubt, employees should consult the President who will seek legal counsel if necessary.
- In their relationships with outside organizations, members of Huron management and other employees may not engage in any act that could possibly be construed as giving or receiving a bribe or that involves a conflict of interest.
- The company's funds are the property of corporate stockholders, not of management.
- Transactions of the company should be properly accounted for on the company's books. This is essential to the integrity of the company's financial reporting.
- No action that would otherwise be suspect is permissible merely because it is customary in a particular location or particular area of business activity.
- The company's advertising, news releases, promotional literature and public statement of all kinds must be precise, accurate and not misleading or readily subject to misinterpretation. In addition, care should be taken to avoid disparaging comments concerning programs or management.
Reference: Huron Policy Manual - Policy 003